The Pip Berry Tree

The Pip Berry Tree

background

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Etsy Vs. Artfire

                          Etsy Vs. Artfire

I Have been selling on Etsy since September 2008, and for the most I've been happy, but times change and we have to keep up or get left behind, so I decided to try may hand on Artfire as well.
Regrettably, it took me a long time to figure out how to set up my store, and just this morning I did my first "collection" , which took me ALL morning to figure out how to do it.
Now, I've never claimed to be the smartest person in the whole wide world,  but since going to Artfire and seeing how long it is taking me to feel my way around, I feel like a complete boob.
Is is me or is it hard to learn your way around Artfire? I don't remember having this kind of trouble when I opened up on Etsy. And with one E store under my belt already one would think I would know sort of what I was doing.
Of course there are the "Nay sayers" when it comes to Etsy. There's a whole darn blog about it, and if you sell on Etsy, chances are you have come across at least one Nay sayer. But in my humble opinion Etsy is way more user friendly.  I realize Artfire is relatively new, and they don't charge for each listing and will stick it out with hopes that the site will become more user friendly, but some times you get what you pay for.

I am very interested in hearing others opinions on Etsy vs. Artfire, and if you are for Artfire please, pass along some advice on learning how to navigate the site

Have a great day!
Dawn
www.pipberrytree.etsy.com
www.PipBerryTree.artfire.com
http://twitter.com/ Pipberrytree

2 comments:

  1. At first I had a hard time with Artfire, but after awhile I have found it to be easier. Wish I had more sales, but then I not working that hard on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose.
    I am giving Artfire a shot. Just opened at the end of 2010, and I guess my problem is that I am not giving it enough of my time to learn the ropes. But like you probably are, I'm short on time. Will stick with it. :) BTW I just found you on there yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete