The Pip Berry Tree

The Pip Berry Tree

background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Our Time In The Sun.

Last week's weather was a wash out here in Pocono Mountains. Just about everyday it rained, but then Sunday rolled around, and staying true to it's name, it was a beautiful sunny day.  The four pups and I seized the moment by strolling the property, even though I had to wear my mucking boots, and the dogs underbellies and legs were all covered with mud. Still, our time in the sun was much needed.

While we where in the field to the right of the house we passed what was left of our garden, most of which had seen better days. However, standing tall, and oh so bright were the sunflowers, so of which have still yet to bloom. They too, were soaking up the sun and seizing the day.

I captured this picture with my camera phone of the sunflowers, so I could post it not only here on my blog to share with you, but also to hang in my office to carry me through the long winter months that are up ahead, and through the rainy days that are now back in Northeastern Pa.

There might not be sunshine today, or for the next few days, but there sure is a lot of it in this picture. :)

3 comments:

  1. Everytime I see a field of sunflowers, it just makes me smile. I have your blog link in my sidebar now, so I can visit you on a more regular basis.


    Have a terrific Tuesday. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about sunflowers Natalie. We have a farmer near us who has fields of them. I think they are such a majestic looking flower, so tall and proud, in addition to being beautiful.
    Thank you for including my link on your sidebar. I really appreciate it, and look forward to communitcating with you.

    Warm Wishes on this dank and dreary day. :)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love sunflowers..our 4 just bloomed..and two were okay size and the other two are small..our artichoke is now just blooming...they usually bloom in july and august...Oh and thank you so much for spotlighting my etsy shoppe..that was so sweet of you;) have a great day we are getting a beautiful day today:) gotta go and get some of my halloween decor put up.:)

    ReplyDelete