The Pip Berry Tree

The Pip Berry Tree

background

Friday, October 8, 2010

My Fireplace Needs Help!

Well here I am in a really cool log house with a really cool stone fireplace that has a really cool wood beam mantle which was originally from the barn on the property that burnt to ground, and I don't know how I want to spruce it up. 

Of course I want it to look prim and simple, and in touch with the season, but I don't want it over done, which I have a tendency to do, so I am asking for some helpful tips and ideas from your fine people.  Any takers??


3 comments:

  1. I love your fireplace. If you want to dress it up for the holidays, I think I would only add some evergreen lengths. the candles look great. Old stockings and evergreen. Perfect, simple and prim.

    I'm afraid you will have to move the pic or put him in a rustic wood frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good Idea Alice. Thank you. I will have to put my son's picture in a rustic frame, of course, because I won't be moving his picture. lol!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by!! I am so glad the post gave you some ideas!! Here is a link to more from the APP galleries!!

    http://www.aprimitiveplace.org/Fireplacedisplays.html

    ReplyDelete