The Pip Berry Tree

The Pip Berry Tree

background

Monday, June 13, 2011

It's a Juggling Act

As I sit here in my tiny 8 x 10 office writing this blog I am surrounded by dogs, senior German Shepherds to be exact. It's hard to even push my desk chair back one foot without bumping into one of them. And the hair floating around the room....geez...don't even get me started on that.

My coffee is cold. Why? Well because we have only been up for an hour and have already been outside to go potty a total of three times. Maybe I can get them all on the same potty schedule, then I can actually sit down to drink my coffee in one shot. Does it really matter to me if my coffee is cold? Not at all. What matters to me is my family, The Pip Berry Tree, and saving the lives of abandon senior German Shepherds, but all of that can be quite a juggling act.

As I read through other blogs, I can tell who the people are who are diligent about blogging, and then I begin to feel guilty, because I don't have the opportunity to get on here that much. I already get up at 6AM and don't go to bed much before 12AM. Can we add more hours to a day please?

Would I like to have time to blog more frequently? Absolutely! I envy the folks who blog consistently, but at the end of the day there is just not enough time, because my time goes to all the that matter to me the most.

Aside from a blogger, like you, I wear many hats throughout the day, and it can be quite the juggling act. I am Dawn:

Owner/Operator of the Pip Berry Tree

Founder and President of Woody's Place ~ Senior German Shepherd Sanctuary.  www.SeniorGSSanctuary.com 

Caretaker of the log house and five acres
Wife to the most wonderful man (21 years:)
And Mother, Mom Mom, Army Mom, and Home school teacher to my fantastic children, beautiful little grand baby, and  bunch of furkids.
Brittany. My beautiful daughter, and Owen's Mommy.
Keith. My wonderful, kindhearted oldest son, who is 7 years in the Army

Bryan. My smart, career oriented son who is stationed in Tacoma.

Mason. My son who is in college studying to me a math teacher
Tristan. My youngest son, who is home schooled and a dirt bike enthusiast

My grand baby Owen. Why can't he stay like this forever?!

Some of the fur kids who live at Woody's Place. We love them all.
It's all in a days work, it's a lot to say the least, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your family and doggies - you may not be a frequent blogger, but it looks like you have chosen the best part of life - taking care of your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, you are one blessed lady!!!! Loved all the pictures and trying to catch up on reading all my favorite blogs this new year, God Bless You and Your Beautiful Family and Furry Buddies too! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete